The Certified Financial Management Planner (CFMPTM) is a professional designation developed, implemented and conferred by the Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (HKIB). It aims to improve students' understanding and knowledge of issues relating to financial planning and advising. This is the first-ever financial planning program in Hong Kong which has incorporated the banking elements, banking ordinance, investment products and market. It has been widely recognized by leading banks and other financial institutions in Macau, Hong Kong and Mainland China.
The Macau Institute of Financial Services (IFS) and the HKIB have jointly organised the CFMPTM courses in Macau since 2009. The target students are financial practitioners who are interested in financial planning and management.
The CFMPTM programme consists of the following seven subjects in two stages:
- Module 1: Regulatory Environment for Banking & Financial Planning
- Module 2: Investment Products and Markets
- Module 3: Essentials of Banking and Financial Planning
- Module 4: Insurance and Retirement Planning
- Module 5: Tax and Estate Planning
- Module 6: Fund and Asset Management
- Module 7: Financial Planning and Management
Becoming a CFMPTM
The entry requirement for the course is Form 5 plus 2 years' banking or finance-related working experience, or Associated Degree OR above. To enroll in the course, candidates need to do the following:
1. To fill in the enrollment form;
2. To submit a copy of identity card, and relevant true copies of transcript/certificate/ diploma, or working experience proof document;
3. To pay the tuition fee;
4. To apply for the HKIB membership if candidates wish to take the exam. The membership fee is waived up to 31 December 2016 (For New Member Only).